How is Custom Jewelry Created?
Custom jewelry can truly bring your story to life. Whether you are seeking to create an heirloom piece for a loved one’s birthday or if you are getting ready to pop the question, a custom piece will signify more than just the occasion. A custom necklace, ring, bracelet and earrings represent the unique side of your relationship and love for the person you are celebrating with a tailored gift.
Custom jewelry is crafted by our jewelers at Brad’s Designs & Jewelry through a process that typically follows this path.
- Talk to us: First and foremost, creating custom pieces has to begin with a conversation that allows you to talk about your loved one, the special milestone and what you have in your mind’s eye. Our team wants to hear your story, ideas and what you want incorporated into your gift. We will guide you on realistic expectations and what materials and stones may work best for wearability.
- Visual element: Bringing your ideas and feelings into reality is the goal of the design portion of the process. Here, we welcome your own sketches, pictures or examples. If you have an heirloom piece that you are hoping to recreate or update, let us take a look. Sketching out your ideas on paper also allows us to see if we are capturing what you want.
- Spring to life: A wax carving brings out your unique piece of jewelry into 3D. This part of the process is when you can really feel how your final piece will turn out. Crafting a wax carving can be completed by hand or with an innovative machine. No matter which way it is wrapped up, your wax carving will give way to your final piece in the metal of your choosing.
- Casting and fabrication: Your custom jewelry piece will be cast in gold, platinum, silver or a combination of these options. Here is where your initial idea comes to life. Our fabrication component is old-school and done by hand. By handcrafting your jewelry, we are creating something that is 100 percent one-of-a-kind and unique to you and your loved one.
- Final touches: If you have opted to have any stones as part of your jewelry, then that is the final step in creating a custom designed piece of jewelry. Our specialists will do this by hand keeping alive the timeless traditions of crafting special and treasured pieces.
We Want to Hear Your Story Today
Once your piece is complete, our team is happy to help maintain it through cleanings and inspections. If you have other jewelry items that need repairs, our designers can assist with that as well. We can resize rings, repair watches, replace lost stones, solder chains or rings, secure and retip the prongs that keep your jewels in place or replace broken clasps. If you are looking to start the custom jewelry design process, reach out to our team through our online contact form.